31/05/2016

Mapping It Out!

I've already made quite a few of these corner bookmarks, using Red Ted Art's folding technique (just watch any of her videos where she makes a corner bookmark it's very quick and easy to do), but this time I wanted to create a design of my own and do something a little different.


I took one of the old maps I got while I was studying in Bath of the Lake District, and cut out the area around my town, added a few touches and glued it into place. 

I then added sections of the sea as a background for the larger portion of the bookmark which is usually hidden while in use, and then glued on some more of the surrounding landscape onto the opposite side of the bookmark.


I've seen a lot of things done with old maps in regards to home towns, special places that hold memories such as weddings or graduations and even pieces of maps from a holiday, and always thought it was a brilliant idea for a personalised gift or DIY project.

 I'm really pleased with how this one turned out, and drawing the compass on was a lot of fun!

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday today.



Have a great start to the week!

Tasha
xxx


6 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the idea of this corner bookmark! I should try to make this too :) Thanks for sharing Tasha!

    trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! Old maps give such a nice pattern that can be used for many cool things.

    Have you been to 4 corners cafe in London - you'd love it there?!! :))
    I made a blog post about the place ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I like the use of maps like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something magical about old maps and old books. You've found a way to bring them together which is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I've made these before! I love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha